How to use it
Click once on the field with calendar icon to show the widget. Click again to hide it (or on the cross at title bar right's).Once visible, you can define your intervals:
for months and days
- select each month/day individually (a selected one move from gray to yellow background)
- all/none button allow toggling all values at once
for the time interval
- click down start or end toggle, then slide to adjust the value
- for a fine adjustment, use mouse wheel or up/down keyboard keys
NOTE: A datetime is considered in the schedule if it match all intervals (months, month days, week days and hours).
Lets see with a quick example:
We have selected workdays from January to April, 8AM to 7PM.
- all datetimes with time lower than 8AM or higher than 7PM are out of the schedule
- 2011, march 25 9.30AM is in schedule, while 2012, march 25 9:30AM is out (first is a friday, while last is a sunday)
Developpers: Including xivo-schedule in you pages
While developped for xivo, it can easily be integrated in other projects. xivo-schedule support jquery-ui themes and is multilingual (only french and english available at the moment).
xivo-schedule widget require jquery (>= 1.5), jquery-ui (>=1.8) and optionally jquery.mousewheel (http://brandonaaron.net/code/mousewheel/docs).
xivo-schedule required a text input to be attached to. If you want to get schedule intervals back, you also need 4 others text fields (one for months, monthdays, weekdays and time intervals), which will be filled with intervals raw value when the user will manipulate schedule widget.
and voila! see attached file for the complete sample.